Thursday, April 24, 2008

Simply Striped Dishcloth

Simply Striped Dishcloth
© Cathy Waldie, April 22, 2008


100% worsted weight cotton (Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Stripes)
(US) 7 (4.5mm) Needles
Size small (large), 8” square (8.75” square)

The large sized sample used: 1.15 oz/ 32g of cotton for 54.2 yards/49.5m in length.
The small sized sample used: .9 oz/25g of cotton for 42.3 yards/38.7m in length.
Gauge: 15sts/24 rows=4”/10cm


C/O= Cast On
K=Knit
P=Purl
Sl=Slip
Sts= stitches
B/O=Bind Off

C/O 32 (38) stitches

1-6: Knit across for bottom border (slipping the first stitch of each row)

7: Knit across

8: K3, P26 (32), K3

9-44: (9-50) repeat rows [7-8] 18 (21) more times for a total of 19 (22) pattern repeats for body of dishcloth

45-51: (51-57) Knit across for top border

52: (58) B/O in P

Add it to a Simply Striped Sack Sock, a Simply Striped Kitchen Hanging Hand Towel and a Tribble and you have a great set for your next gift, or better yet, your own Kitchen!

7 comments:

DawnK said...

What a cute set! Great job!

Unknown said...

That is really cute. I may have to harm my husband if he wiped chocolate pudding on that rather than on my $12 flour sack towels. ;)

Cheryl said...

I am a beginner knitter I find your dish cloth patterns help alot. Got tired of doing scarfs for learning I made this pattern and it came out great. Gonna try the whole set!

Cathy said...

Thank you very much! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I haven't knit in about 45 years. Told my sisters I have forgotten how. I think I will try this simple pattern for a refresher before I begin something more intricate. Thanks for the simplicity.

Cathy said...

Welcome back to the knitting world!

Cathy said...

If you need additional help, try www.knittinghelp.com.